Author Posts

March 29, 2018 at 11:52 am

For some Master Level Degrees there is a requirement for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) that must be completed every 2 years. Has anyone had the Person Centered Thinking Training accredited or endorsed for CEUs? If so could you provide some information on the process?

Note: I am working in the United States and am unsure if this is something that has been considered in other countries.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Kelsey Stavseth

March 29, 2018 at 3:17 pm

The Division of Aging in Indiana offers CEUs for LCSWs who complete the training. I didn’t participate in setting up the CEUs, so I don’t have many details on the process. My understanding is they found it pretty straightforward though. Just wanted to share that it is definitely a possibility!

March 29, 2018 at 3:20 pm

Betsy,

Thank you for your quick reply. I will try and reach out and explore this more thoroughly.

Take care,

Kelsey

April 4, 2018 at 7:57 am

Laura Buckner and Shelley Dumas are familiar with this process. We offer CEUs at the Texas-Southwest Friends Gathering

April 11, 2018 at 2:52 pm

Lori-I had it accredited by both NASW NC and The Friday Center (UNC’s continuing Ed arm).  I also had all the Area AHEC’s in NC accredit it.  It usually is a matter of turning in agendas, outcomes, trainer creds and bio, and anything else they ask for….it can be lengthy.  Nursing boards often want to know a nurse is involved….in the past I had a physician who helped with the aging curriculum and she was able to help us get nursing ceu’s.

April 19, 2018 at 12:54 pm

Hi Kelsey,
In California, I’ve had the training approved for CEUs LCSWs, MFT’s and also for Residential Administrators.

First step is to clarify who your target audience is as there is a different process for different professions. Then find the credentialing body for continuing education.  They will usually have their protocol spelled out on the internet and as others have mentioned, the process is straightforward, just need to document the curriculum with learning outcomes, objectives, etc.  and provide resumes/cvs of instructors.

For Vermont, Roy Gerstenberger (Mentor Trainer and former State Director) might be a good resource.

Good luck