Author Posts

October 11, 2018 at 8:41 am

I have not used the new curriculum yet, but I have several questions! Thanks in advance for your help. First, the headings under “docs” says 2017-2018 but the files all read 2017, is this the official power point to use? Secondly, the power point listed under “2017-2018” by Bob Sattler has 21 profiles right in the beginning but in the Trainer Guide, none of these are listed (are we expected to use these)? Third, it says the “videos are not embedded in day 1,” is there an updated version with the videos? Fourth, there are multiple files, some under the “2017-2018” folder others that seem to be added or udpated, I’m just confused as to which ones are new, should be used, and wonder if there is a place where ALL files to be used in training are listed in one space, vs. scattered throughout. Thanks so much!!! Daniel Platt

1. :20

October 12, 2018 at 11:45 am

Hi Daniel –

Let me see if I can answer your questions:

1. These are the final versions of the materials.  2017 is when everything was getting finalized so that is the date to go by.  It is says “Final” (which all the docs do) then you are good to go.
  2. The Trainer Guide does actually have information about all the One Page Descriptions.  They are all on one page in the Trainers Guide because you need to get through all the Descriptions within 10 minutes. This means don’t “get stuck in the weeds” with any of them.  Just quickly highlight each one to show how this works through the lifespan.  The Trainer Guide has the sentence or 2 that you can use for each One Pager.  These are the recommended Descriptions to use and illustrate a wide variety of how the One Page can be used.
  3. The videos are not embedded to make it easier to download the powerpoint.  You will find “holder” slides in the powerpoint where you can insert the Grey’s Anatomy, Monkey Business Solution and Ten Meter videos (in that order) yourself. The videos are included in the Curriculum material on the website.
  4. All the files are the same.  It looks like down at the bottom of the page they were just put into a folder

I hope that helps.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Bob

October 12, 2018 at 11:55 am

Thank you Bob!! Last question (I hope, at least for now): Are we giving out the “Participant Workbook” and not giving out the power point slides?

October 12, 2018 at 12:00 pm

Hi Daniel –

Good question!  As you will see in the intro to the Trainer Guide, one of the cardinal rules is to NEVER give out the powerpoint.  We have found when that was being done people were going out and training the material on their own without the in-depth knowledge of how to deliver the material.  It has led to drift and misinterpretation of the curriculum content.  The workbook has been designed to provide the information people need to learn the material but not to deliver the material.  So, long answer to your short question . . . the participant workbook is what must be used as the handout.  Hope that helps!

Bob

October 12, 2018 at 12:04 pm

thank you!!!!!!!