Author Posts

July 16, 2018 at 5:42 pm

Hi Everyone, I am registered, hotel reserved at University Place, and ready to go! Hitch is, that I broke my ankle last week and the doctor is urging me to cancel. I really don’t want to do that. If anyone knows someone who I might hire or who wants to stay with me in case I need help, please let me know. Though I’m hoping by then that I’ll be in the boot and able to bear some weight and won’t be such a fall risk.

What’s important to me:
Quiet time
Having Fun
Laughing
Enjoying other attendees and enjoying a glass of wine or two.

What good supports look like for me:
Honoring my need for privacy
Having company that doesn’t talk all the time, allowing me quiet time
Being there but not hovering
Helping me get things I need, preventing me from being up and about too much

People like my humor, well… most people do :), I am fun, relaxed about things and generally energetic.

July 16, 2018 at 6:38 pm

Oh No Trudy!

I’m sorry to hear that!  Difficult and frustrating at any time, but even worse when you’re supposed to be traveling and navigating around.

I’m thinking that you’ve likely done this already, but reaching out to Alan would be my first thought. He may be ‘in the know’.

Other option might be to see if you can get ahold of those people who will be at The Gathering.  Not sure about the overnight support ~ but maybe we can sign up for Trudy-Time, and help out in shared fashion? You open to having a fully wheeled experience?  I’m thinking that surely there would be a place that would rent a wheelchair for a few days.

how can I help?

Sherrie

July 17, 2018 at 12:19 pm

I, too, am willing to help in anyway I can, Trudy.  I am not sure I fit the “doesn’t talk all the time” requirement, but can work on that! 🙂

July 17, 2018 at 12:35 pm

You are bothy so kind! Thank you! I’m trying to find a traveling companion, which would resolve things but need to explore all options. Maybe at the events I can count on others to assist. Love you all!

July 17, 2018 at 1:21 pm

Sherrie, I reached out to Alan today. Great suggestion.

July 17, 2018 at 3:51 pm

Hello Trudy oh my I am sorry to hear it! I am happy to assist in you any way I can during the event- please just reach out 🙂 stay well wishing you the best in your recovery

Tina

July 17, 2018 at 3:51 pm

Hello Trudy oh my I am sorry to hear it! I am happy to assist in you any way I can during the event- please just reach out 🙂 stay well wishing you the best in your recovery

Tina

July 18, 2018 at 12:15 am

Trudy – I am thinking we have lots of good souls to help out!  I too am happy to lend a hand.  I can definitely be your glass of wine server and companion! 🙂

Nolda

July 20, 2018 at 10:17 am

Dear Leigh Ann, Claudia, Sherrie, Tammy, Tina, and Nolda,

I can’t thank you enough for the kind offers of help! I will take you all up on the offers of assistance. No more falls, if I can help it! 3 in one week is plenty for a year! What I’ve learned. Crutches don’t work well for hopping, you fall backward (or at least, I do). Bending over while using a scooter is a bad idea. You find yourself on the ground, yet again.

So, my humility is in full force and I will be grateful for any and all assistance.

I do have a friend flying with me! Yeah! So I’m good to get there!

YEAH! Can’t wait to see you all!

Trudy

July 20, 2018 at 5:15 pm

Oh my gosh, Trudy . . . that’s awful.  I hope you are feeling ok and able to get around.  I’m sure with this particular community you will have more help than you need!!  Please let me know if there is anything I can to to help out at all.