Author Posts

June 15, 2018 at 12:25 pm

I’ve been asked by a local hospice group to provide a 2 hour overview of person centered thinking and wondered if anyone had any ideas or had done something similar. I don’t want to focus on the skills/tools per se, but more on general information related to concepts and various aspects of PCT. Any thoughts would be appreciated!! Thanks, Daniel Platt

July 20, 2018 at 8:22 am

What if you gathered stories for each of the skills and part of the stories would kind of lead in with the skill’s goal or somehow that would be within the story? You could start with the foundation and then build on that for the various areas weaving in what is person centered thinking? You could point out the person centered concepts as you went while making it fun with sharing the impacts.

July 20, 2018 at 10:20 am

Following to see what anyone else shares!

July 20, 2018 at 12:32 pm

Mary Bishop might be able to help. I know she has done quite a few overviews.

July 21, 2018 at 4:26 pm

I have done this several times and have a presentation created that gives the basic tenets of PCT for the audience.  I basically walk them through the core foundations of Person Centered Practices without the skills.

July 26, 2018 at 9:21 am

I have done this several times. I always cover the Core Concept, Power over and Power With, and Levels of change to let people know that they have the ability to do something right now to help people have more power in their lives. I typically add one of the discovery tools (Good Day/Bad Day or Morning Routine) so people can see discovery is much more than answering questions on a form. Hope this helps.

Betsy Gadbois