Author Posts

October 10, 2017 at 1:49 pm

Hi!  I had an idea on a Person Centered Thinking skills app for android and Iphone devices.  I’d like it to have the skills listed and represented by an icon.  Once clicked, it can show a brief description and example of the skill.  Then it will give prompts to fill out the skill.  The finished product can be saved, shared, or emailed to be printed.

I think this would help my staff bridge the gap between learning and implementing.

Is there an app already out there that does this?  If not, does anybody here know how to create apps?

Thank you

Wesley Gaynor (Wendell Foster in KY)

October 12, 2017 at 1:14 pm

I LOVE this idea!

October 12, 2017 at 4:07 pm

Well, I’m going to start working up the proposal next week.  I don’t know how to make an App, but a local high school teaches a class on it.  They frequently have their students develop them for free for non-profits (such as ours).  If we can create a functioning one, I’ll make sure it can be shared/utilized by all.

November 9, 2017 at 4:04 pm

This is a fantastic idea!  I have seen some apps in the app store on my iPhone.  The few I have looked at look relatively affordable.  I’m not sure what else I could offer to help on this subject other than I think this is a super cool idea.

November 25, 2017 at 5:01 pm

Great idea! There are some great online websites with editable templates that can be created and printed. I wonder how easy it is to modify those sites to be mobile friendly rather than starting from scratch.  This is beyond my expertise. Wesley, maybe you can ask your high school teach friend if this is doable.

Two sites that come to mind are

thinkandplan.com

and thinkaboutyourlife.org

Perhaps a collaboration with the developers of these sites??  HSA & Dimensions