Author Posts

July 2, 2018 at 2:57 pm

Hello,

Newly certified trainer here, my colleague and and I are offering the 2 day training for a local department of social services and the coordinator there asked if I can send her a brief description of the training for staff so she can disseminate it and get folks registered. Is there a template that trainers use or should I just put one together for her.

Thank you,

Stasia Edmonston

July 10, 2018 at 11:23 am

Stasia,

Here is what I typically use.  Please make sure you appropriately acknowledge TLCPCP in any of your materials, announcements or publications.

July 10, 2018 at 6:27 pm

Here are some text and Images I like to use

__________________________ Presents

Introduction to Person Centered Thinking
A 2-day Workshop
<u>Insert Dates </u>, <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Insert Times</span> attendance is required for both  days

<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Addressd for Training goes here</span>

PERSON CENTERED THINKING underlies and guides respectful listening which leads to actions, resulting in people who:

• Have positive control over the life they desire and find satisfying;
  • Are recognized and valued for their contributions (current and potential) to their communities; and
  • Are supported in a web of relationships, both natural and paid, within their communities

Introduction to Person Centered Thinking was developed by the Learning Community for Person Centered Practices. Course participants will be learn to:

• Listen to understand before deciding what should happen next.
  • Analyze an issue or situation across different perspectives.
  • Identify qualities that people value about each other.
  • Explore what makes a good and bad day; enabling those we support to make the changes needed to have more good days.
  • Practice centered thinking tools to help people get better lives.

July 12, 2018 at 12:22 pm

Thank you so much!